The VENDETTA [vɑ̃.dɛ.ta] is not the only pocketknife, but it is probably the most famous in Corsica. With its "Taille de Guêpe" (wasp waist) and its characteristiccntral pointed blade, the ... know more
The VENDETTA [vɑ̃.dɛ.ta] is not the only pocketknife, but it is probably the most famous in Corsica. With its "Taille de Guêpe" (wasp waist) and its characteristiccntral pointed blade, the origins of the VENDETTA go back to the tradition of the Genoese daggers. Many stories are told and one is certain: for their owners it is not or was not a knife for gardening. It is rather said of him that it has already decided a dispute many a time...
It was created around 1900. Touristic VENDETTAS with wild paintings or handles made of plastic are alien to us. We manufacture our VENDETTAS with the typical materials of their homeland:
- Bélier is the name given to the rams horn that which graze in the Maquis, the mountains in the interior of the “Island of Beauty”. It has a strong pattern and a typical grained surface. So it gives the knife that character you only discover when you leave the tourist paths on the coast and go into the interior of the island.
- white buffalo bone is the other and more elegant way of making the handle of a VENDETTA. After a short period of use, it will change its white to a rich ivory color.
- Engraving: we discovered an engraving with three crosses on the handle on an example from a private collection that is now over 100 years old. We do not know why the owner engraved it at the time, nor what the crosses mean, but they fascinated us and became emblematic for our model.
We manufacture the large VENDETTA with a handle length of 13 cm in our atelier in Thiers with long front bolsters, blades of SANDVIK 12C27 with a long bevel "à l'entablure" and a short guilloche on the spring. As a sign of their authenticity, they show on the blade the PassionFrance® mark.
A small model is produced at AU SABOT.
- small and large model
- different handle materials
- different designs with and without decorations
- Custom model with long Damascus bolsters